Do you want to make a real difference to young people’s lives? SEN teaching assistants provide educational support to children with learning difficulties such as ADHD, autism and dyslexia. It is a hugely rewarding career that requires a specific skill set. In the SEN Teaching Diploma course, you will learn all about SEN teaching practices, the UK curriculum, skills required, and career opportunities.
This teaching assistant training course explores the role and responsibilities of a teaching assistant in detail, familiarising you with teaching methodologies, classroom management strategies and much more. You will learn how to build positive working relationships with pupils and family, and engage students with interactive group and individual learning support activities. On successful completion, you will be equipped with the practical skills and knowledge to kickstart your career.
- Explore the role and responsibilities of an SEN teaching assistant in detail
- Develop a solid knowledge of the SEN teaching curriculum in the UK
- Broaden your understanding of the different types of special educational needs
- Gain a solid understanding of the development of children and young people
- Familiarise with the SEN code of practice and child safeguarding practices
- Get introduced to a variety of SEN classroom planning and management strategies
- Learn how to build solid working relationships with pupils and family
Who is This course for?
The SEN Teaching Diploma course is suitable for aspiring SEN teaching assistants and those who are new to the field who wish to gain the skills, knowledge to accelerate their career. It is ideal for those who want to familiarise with SEN teaching practices and principles. This course has no entry requirements and can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
CPD Certificate from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, you can obtain your CPD certificate from us. You can order the PDF certificate for £4.99 and the hard copy for £9.99. Also, you can order both PDF and hardcopy certificates for £12.99
On successful completion, learners will have the relevant skills and accreditation to kickstart a rewarding career in SEN teaching, working with children and young people. Related professions in this field include:
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Teacher (SEND)
- SEN Learning Support Assistant
- SEN Behaviour TA
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
- Special Needs Teacher
|SEN Teaching Diploma|
|Module 01: Special Education Needs (SEN) An Overview||00:08:00|
|Module 02: SEN Support||00:12:00|
|Module 03: High Quality Teaching for Pupils with SEN||00:09:00|
|Module 04: SEN Teaching Methodologies||00:20:00|
|Module 05: Communication and Interaction||00:16:00|
|Module 06: Cognition and Learning||00:20:00|
|Module 07: Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties||00:11:00|
|Module 08: Sensory or Physical Needs||00:15:00|
|Module 09: Working in Partnership||00:09:00|
|Mock Exam – SEN Teaching Diploma||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – SEN Teaching Diploma||00:20:00|