This Cognitive Behavioural Therapist course is designed to provide learners with an in-depth knowledge of how cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can be used to treat a range of eating disorders by helping you to gain all the necessary skills to become a qualified cognitive behavioural therapist.
Designed by an expert instructor, this introductory training program explores key behavioural and cognitive approaches, going into detail about the psychology of eating disorders, the CBT model and its therapeutic principles.
Throughout the course, you will explore the different types of eating disorders and how they develop, emotional factors, dietary and nutritional issues, and much more. You will also receive practical training on how to conduct the first therapy session and set realistic goals with your clients that will help them to best manage their emotional and psychological thought processes.
Your Learning Goals:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a cognitive behavioural therapist
- Learn about the psychology behind eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia
- Demonstrate an understanding of how CBT treatment can benefit individuals with eating disorders
- Develop the desired professional skills to fast track your career
- Gain in-depth knowledge of cognitive behavioural theory and principles
- Have a solid understanding of the relationship between our feelings, behaviour and thought patterns
- Build strong working relationships with clients by implementing a person-centred approach
- Be able to take a hands-on, practical approach to problem-solving
Who is this Course for?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist is perfect for anyone trying to learn potential professional skills.
As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
|CBT Eating Disorders Promo||00:02:00|
|About the Tutor||00:01:00|
|About the Course||00:02:00|
|CBT & Therapeutic principles|
|What is CBT (the CBT model)||00:07:00|
|The therapeutic alliance, Trust and Empathy||00:07:00|
|Ethics of the therapy||00:05:00|
|The Psychology & Causations of Eating Disorders|
|Eating disorders: Categorisations||00:07:00|
|Core Psychopathology of Eating Disorders||00:07:00|
|Co-morbid psychiatric illness||00:07:00|
|Social and Family factors||00:08:00|
|The Assessment & Planning|
|First session – Assessment||00:08:00|
|Dietary and Nutritional issues||00:06:00|
|Setting Goals with the client||00:07:00|
|CBT in Practice|
|Working with Anxiety||00:05:00|
|The Socratic approach (Socratic questioning)||00:06:00|
|The ‘Exposure’ technique||00:07:00|
|Working with Beliefs (shape, weight, food)||00:07:00|
|Reviewing & Wrapping up|
|Designing and Reviewing Action plans||00:06:00|
|Concluding therapy successfully||00:04:00|
|Follow up and Relapse Prevention||00:05:00|
|Thank you and Good Bye!||00:03:00|
No Reviews found for this course.