Children in foster care are often vulnerable and may have behavioural, mental and emotional issues that mean that they require sufficient care and support. If you’re considering a career in social work and would love to work with children, then consider this Fostering Social Worker (Child) course.
This training certification course starts by exploring the history of child fostering and the laws in the UK regarding child fostering. You will learn about the different types of foster care, such as longer-term and emergency foster care. You will also explore the challenges that come with fostering a child and the psychological effects of fostering on children.
On completion, you will have a solid understanding of the fostering family support system and what it’s like to work in a fostering environment.
Your Learning Goals:
- Learn about the history of child fostering and child fostering laws in the UK
- Broaden your knowledge of the child fostering process
- Understand the challenges that foster parents face and how to overcome them
- Familiarise with the different types of foster care and the foster family support system
- Explore the benefits of fostering a child for both the fosterer and child
- Gain an understanding of the social & psychological effects of foster care on a child
- Develop essential skills in communication, patience, counselling and empathy
- Learn about common behavioural, mental and emotional issues in foster children
Who is This Course for?
This course is suitable for aspiring fostering social workers as well as prospective foster parents who want to develop their understanding of the fostering process and the laws surrounding fostering a child. This course has no entry requirements and is open to learners of all academic backgrounds.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate for free-of-charge. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
On successful completion, learners will have the practical skills and knowledge to pursue the following roles:
- Fostering Social Worker
- Foster Carer
- Foster Care Support Worker
- Social Worker
|Module 1: Child Fostering and Its History||00:20:00|
|Module 2: Child Fostering Laws in UK||01:00:00|
|Module 3: Challenges Faced by Foster Parents||00:30:00|
|Module 4: How to Become a Foster Parent||00:30:00|
|Module 5: Types of Foster Care||00:15:00|
|Module 6: Psychological Trauma in Foster Child||00:45:00|
|Module 07: Ethics in Coaching||00:50:00|
|Module 8: Benefits for Foster Child Carer||00:30:00|
|Module 9: Outcomes for Children and Young People in Foster Care||01:00:00|
|Module 10: Children Sexually Exploitation in Foster Care (CSE)||00:45:00|
|Module 11: Impact of the Funding Cuts on Foster Care||00:30:00|
|Module 12: Recruiting, Retaining and Supporting the Foster Care Workforce||01:00:00|
|Mock Exam – Fostering Social Worker (Child)||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Fostering Social Worker (Child)||00:20:00|