This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety course is an in-depth training program, designed to help those who handle, prepare or serve food in the food industry and aspiring to gain the accredited certification required to work in the catering and hospitality sector.
In this intensive course, learners will gain a comprehensive understanding of their legal responsibilities and best practices, with an introduction to food storage, food preparation, hazard control and personal hygiene.
The course covers everything you need to know about food hygiene and safety measures in the UK, with up-to-date information, interactive video lessons and practical exercises that can be applied in the real world. You’ll learn about correct food temperatures, pest control procedures, contamination, disinfecting and many other vital steps in ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for all.
Enrol today and become a competent professional in the catering industry.
- Meet UK/EU food handling compliance standards
- Have a solid understanding of food hygiene & safety best practices
- Learn the correct temperatures required for food handling & storage
- Understand the steps of HACCP and the different types of food hazards
- Increase awareness of the legislation surrounding food handling
- Improve your proficiency in workplace cleaning and disinfecting
- Broaden your knowledge of common food pests and control measures
- Develop high standards of personal hygiene in the workplace
Who is this Course for?
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety is ideal for those who work in catering, the restaurant business, hospitality, tourism or leisure industries. It is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of food hygiene and safety practices and can be taken as a refresher or foundation training course.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of the English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate for free-of-charge. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
On successful completion of this course, you will gain a high level of food hygiene and safety awareness, enabling you to deliver a quality standard of professionalism and compliance in the workplace. This course ensures professional development for those who work in roles such as:
- Head Chef
- Kitchen Manager
- Catering Manager
- Food & Beverage Assistant
- Food Safety Officer
- Food hygiene Inspector
|Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering|
|Module 01: Food Safety Legislation||01:15:00|
|Module 02: Microbiological Hazards||02:10:00|
|Module 03: Physical, Chemical, and Allergenic Hazards||00:50:00|
|Module 04: Food Storage||01:15:00|
|Module 05: Food Preparation||00:50:00|
|Module 06: Personal Hygiene||00:55:00|
|Module 07: Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules||01:57:00|
|Module 08: Further Information||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.