Discover what it takes to work in a medical lab with this Medical Lab Technician Course. This course is ideal for those who have a science background and want to develop practical knowledge for a career in this field.
As a medical lab technician, key responsibilities include assisting scientists in laboratory-based investigations, ensuring medical equipment is maintained safely, and performing tests for scientific research. This lab technician training program will explore these duties in detail, with an insight into the day-to-day tasks of a medical lab technician and medical lab technologist. You will gain an in-depth understanding of medical laboratory services, policies and procedures, how to work safely with medical instruments, and a lot more!
Your Learning Goals:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a medical lab technician
- Broaden your knowledge of clinical lab services
- Familiarise with lab safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Learn how to handle laboratory wares, instruments and equipment professionally
- Explore methods for sterilising and disinfecting surfaces and clinical tools
- Gain a solid understanding of lab health and safety rules
- Learn techniques for performing quality assurance and know what tools are required
- Develop the core skills and practical knowledge to fast track your career
Who is this Course for?
Medical lab technician course is perfect for anyone trying to learn potential professional skills.
As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
|Module 01: Introduction to Laboratory Technician|
|Introduction to Laboratory Technician||00:30:00|
|Module 02: Role of Medical Laboratory Services|
|Role of Medical Laboratory Services||00:05:00|
|Module 03: Laboratory Policies|
|Module 04: Solutions Used in Medical Laboratory|
|Solutions Used in Medical Laboratory||00:10:00|
|Module 05: Laboratory Wares|
|Module 06: Laboratory Instruments|
|Module 07: Sterilization and Disinfection|
|Sterilisation and Disinfection||00:15:00|
|Module 08: Laboratory Accidents and Safety|
|Laboratory Accidents and Safety||00:20:00|
|Module 09: Quality Assurance|
|Module 10: Glossary|
|Mock Exam – Medical Lab Technician Course||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Medical Lab Technician Course||00:20:00|