In this course, you will receive practical training in all areas of medical secretarial work, covering fundamental topics such as medical coding and billing, record management, medical audio transcriptions, and medical terminology. You will learn valuable transferable and professional skills, and explore the law and legislation behind medical administrative work.
The course is ideal for those who are new to the medical sector and are looking to take their first steps towards a career as a medical secretary.
- The role of a medical secretary, skills and responsibilities
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of human anatomy
- Understand the basics of first aid and know what to do in the case of a medical emergency
- Gain a solid understanding of key medical terminology and their definitions
- Learn the fundamental criteria for medical record management
- Understand the procedures and process for medical insurance billing and coding
- Know how to conduct medical research and understand the law and ethics regarding medical research
- Get step-by-step training on how to create a medical audio transcription
- Develop your communication, time-management, organisation and administrative skills
Who is This Course for?
This endorsed training course is ideal for professionals who are looking to kickstart a career in the medical industry in an administrative role. Our online courses are specially designed for distance learning, offering flexible, virtual classroom modules that you can study on a part-time or full-time basis.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
The Medical Secretary Diploma course provides a stepping stone towards a successful career as a medical secretary, with the opportunity to work in a private practice or with the NHS. Through our specialist training, junior medical secretaries can gain the skills and knowledge to work their way up to a senior-level role.
|Medical Secretary Level 1|
|Module 1: Medical Secretary and Their Duties|
|Medical Secretary Introduction||00:05:00|
|Receptionist Training for Medical Secretary||00:10:00|
|Assessment Module 1|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Module 2: Communication|
|Assessment Module 2|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Medical Secretary Level 2|
|Module 3: Audio Transcription & Volunteer Training|
|Medical Audio Transcription||00:05:00|
|Medical Volunteer Training||00:05:00|
|Assessment Module 3|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Module 4: First Aid and Human Anatomy|
|First Aid Training||00:05:00|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||00:05:00|
|Assessment Module 4|
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Module 5: Medical Terminology|
|Assessment Module 5|
|Module 05 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Medical Secretary Level 3|
|Module 6: Management of Medical Records|
|Management of Medical Records||00:10:00|
|Assessment Module 6|
|Module 06 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Module 7: Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding|
|Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding||00:15:00|
|Assessment Module 7|
|Module 07 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Module 8: Research, Laws and Ethics|
|Medical Law and Ethics||00:10:00|
|Assessment Module 8|
|Module 08 Final Quiz Exam – Medical Secretary Diploma||00:10:00|
|Certificate and Transcript|
|Order Your Certificates or Transcripts||00:00:00|