This course has been designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of how to administer first aid care to children, with step-by-step guidance from an experienced instructor. You will receive expert training in all areas of paediatric first aid, from how to conduct a first aid needs assessment, to performing CPR on an unresponsive child.
This course is ideal for those who have children or work with children, such as teachers and paediatric nurses. With case studies and practical exercises, you will gain real-world knowledge of how to deal with a range of first aid situations, including how to detect signs of illness and shock.
- Learn the fundamentals of paediatric first aid, from the first aid kit to emergency procedures
- Understand what should be included in a first aid needs assessment and the key principles of assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to perform CPR and know how to proceed when a child is unresponsive
- Broaden your knowledge of common injuries, accidents and illnesses, and know-how to detect the signs of illness in a child
- Learn the procedures for dressing wounds and treating burns, cuts, sprains and grazes
- Know when to call emergency services and understand the steps to be taken after an accident occurs
- Be able to assess any emergency situation safely and with professionalism
- Understand how to provide quality first aid for a child who is choking, bleeding, suffering from shock or from insect bites and stings
- Recognise when an infant or child is suffering from shock, and understand what safety measures to take
Who is This Course for?
This endorsed first aid training course is ideal for those who are looking to become Paediatric First Aiders, as well as those who work with children, such as teachers, social workers and childminders. Our online courses are specially designed for distance learning, offering flexible virtual classroom modules, that you may study part-time or full-time.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate of achievement by paying the fee of £68. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
This beginners training course provides learners with the fundamental skills and knowledge to administer first aid care to children as a first aider. The course is ideal for those who work in the following professions:
- Teachers/Teaching Assistants
- Child Social Worker
- Paediatric Registered Nurse
- Child Psychologist
|Module: 1 – Introduction to Paediatric First Aid
|Module 01: Introduction to Paediatric First Aid
|Assessment Module 1
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – Paediatric First Aid Diploma
|Module: 2 – Assessment and Assistance
|Module 02: Assessment and Assistance
|Assessment Module 2
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Paediatric First Aid Diploma
|Paediatric First Aid Level 2
|Module: 3 – Loss of Responsiveness and CPR
|Module 03: Loss of Responsiveness and CPR
|Assessment Module 3
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Paediatric First Aid Diploma
|Module: 4 – Paediatric First Aid for Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents
|Module 04: Paediatric First Aid for Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents
|Assessment Module 4
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Paediatric First Aid Diploma
|Paediatric First Aid Level 3
|Module 5: First Aid for Acute Medical Conditions
|Module 05: First Aid for Acute Medical Conditions
|Assessment Module 5
|Module 05 Final Quiz Exam – Paediatric First Aid Diploma
|Module: 6 - Call for an Emergency
|Module 06: Call for an Emergency
|Assessment Module 6
|Module 06 Final Quiz Exam – Paediatric First Aid Diploma
|Certificate and Transcript
|Order Your Certificates or Transcripts