Develop your skills as a healthcare professional and learn the basics of phlebotomy from the comfort of your own home with the Phlebotomy Technician Training course. In this course, you will learn how to perform a venipuncture through our specialist step-by-step training units.
This course covers the entire phlebotomy procedure and begins with teaching the fundamentals of anatomy and physiology. You will be trained on how to use essential equipment and supplies, handle specimens correctly, and take blood samples safely. Besides, you will learn how to prevent complications and detect which veins are suitable for blood tests. This phlebotomy certification has no entry requirements and provides introductory training on collecting blood samples from patients to diagnoses illnesses.
Your Learning Goals:
- Gain a clear understanding of the differences between venepuncture and phlebotomy
- Get a basic introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Learn how to prepare patients for a venepuncture procedure
- Understand which veins to avoid and which veins are ‘good’ veins
- Familiarise with the procedure of drawing blood for donation
- Get step-by-step guidance on therapeutic phlebotomy before and aftercare
- Kickstart your career as a healthcare professional
- Develop your knowledge of phlebotomy equipment, utensils and supplies
- Learn key venepuncture best practices to avoid bruising and other complications
Who is this Course for?
Phlebotomy Technician Training is perfect for anyone trying to learn potential professional skills.
As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
|Phlebotomy Technician Training|
|Module 1: Venepuncture: A Method of Phlebotomy||00:10:00|
|Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology||00:10:00|
|Module 3: Before Venepuncture||00:20:00|
|Module 4: During Venepuncture||00:15:00|
|Module 5: After Venepuncture||00:15:00|
|Module 6: Venepuncture for Blood Donation||00:20:00|
|Module 7: Glossary||00:20:00|
|Module 8: Appendix||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Phlebotomy Technician Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Phlebotomy Technician Training||00:20:00|