In this course, you will learn how to become an expert proofreader, scanning digital and offline copy, leaving no mistakes unnoticed. You will start by familiarising yourself with the proofreading guideline, moving on tips and techniques for checking spelling and grammar. Later, you will explore a wide range of methods for proofreading efficiently and with speed.
This introductory training course will also teach you how to find work as a proofreader and will help you to develop the fundamental skills to succeed in this industry. On successful completion, you will have the practical knowledge to explore a wide range of career paths in this field.
- Gain complete mastery of the English language and kickstart your career
- Familiarise with the proofreading checklist and the responsibilities of a proofreader
- Discover practical techniques for checking grammatical mistakes & spelling mistakes
- Explore effective strategies for proofreading text on screen and on paper.
- Sharpen your eye for detail and learn how to stay focused when scanning sentences
- Develop the skills to be able to scan text quickly using our professional techniques
- Be aware of common grammatical and structural mistakes
- Learn the correct use of pronouns, adjectives, adverbs and prepositions
Who is this Course for?
This beginners course is suitable for aspiring proofreaders, professionals and students who want to ensure that their content is error-free and of high-quality. There are no entry requirements for this course, however, having good knowledge of the English language would be beneficial. This course can be studied part-time or full-time.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate by paying the fee of £68. There is an additional £10 postal charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
On successful completion of the course, learners will be equipped with the practical skills and knowledge to kickstart a successful career as a proofreader. Career opportunities include freelancing or working in-house in a variety of professional settings. Related professions in this field include:
- Content Editor
- Digital Content Executive
|Module 1: Proofreading Basics|
|Assessment Module 1|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – Proofreading Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 2: Applying the Style Guide|
|Applying the Style Guide||00:20:00|
|Assessment Module 2|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Proofreading Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 3: Spelling and Grammar|
|Spelling and Grammar||00:15:00|
|Assessment Module 3|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Proofreading Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 4: Proofreading on Paper|
|Proofreading on Paper||00:10:00|
|Assessment Module 4|
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Proofreading Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 5: Proofreading On-Screen|
|Assessment Module 5|
|Module 05 Final Quiz Exam – Proofreading Basics||00:10:00|