Those who are responsible for caring for children on a professional or personal level must be able to demonstrate an awareness of child safeguarding principles, practices and policies. In the Safeguarding Children Level 3 course, you will receive practical training on how to protect the welfare of children and ensure a safe, secure environment for all.
This course is ideal for those who work with children such as teachers, social workers and pediatric nurses. On completion, you will be able to show competence in protecting the welfare of children under your care and build solid relationships that encourage trust and personal disclosure.
- Understand the fundamental principles, policies & practices of safeguarding children
- Demonstrate an understanding of your legal responsibilities when safeguarding children under your care and supervision
- Learn how to recognise the signs of child abuse and how to report your safeguarding concerns
- Familiarise with the different forms of child abuse: emotional, physical, neglect and sexual abuse
- Receive practical training on how to conduct a thorough risk assessment
- Know how to respond to disclosure and when to make a referral to child services
- Be able to identify the 5ps in child protection and understand the aim of the child protection plan
- Earn an endorsed certificate in Safeguarding Children and ensure your competency in caring for children
- Be able to create a safe and inclusive environment for all where children feel secure
- Recognise when a child is high-risk and how to take the right precautions
Who is This Course for?
This safeguarding children training course is ideal for professionals who work with children or are responsible for the care of children. Our online courses are specially designed for distance learning, offering flexible virtual classroom modules that you can study at your own convenience. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied part-time or full-time.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the course.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate of achievement by paying the fee of £68. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
The Safeguarding Children Level 3 is designed to train those who work with children to become competent professionals, working in compliance with child safeguarding laws and policies. This endorsed certificate can be used as proof of your professionalism in the following fields:
- Social care
- Paediatric care
|Safeguarding Children Level 1|
|Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding|
|Module 01 : Introduction to Safeguarding||00:21:00|
|Assessment Module 1|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Module 2: Laws and Guidance|
|Module 02 : Laws and Guidance||00:42:00|
|Assessment Module 2|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Safeguarding Children Level 2|
|Module 3: Child Abuse|
|Module 03 : Child Abuse||00:48:00|
|Assessment Module 3|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Module 4: Sexual Abuse|
|Module 04 : Child Sexual Exploitation||00:39:00|
|Assessment Module 4|
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Module 5: Risks and Risk Assessment|
|Module 05 : Risks and Risk Assessment||00:16:00|
|Assessment Module 5|
|Module 05 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Safeguarding Children Level 3|
|Module 6: Responding to Disclosure and Reporting|
|Module 06 : Responding to Disclosure and Reporting||00:32:00|
|Assessment Module 6|
|Module 06 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Module 7: Things to Do after Referral|
|Module 07 : Things To Do After Referral||00:22:00|
|Assessment Module 7|
|Module 07 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|
|Module 8: Record Keeping|
|Module 08 : Record Keeping||00:17:00|
|Assessment Module 8|
|Module 08 Final Quiz Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 3||00:10:00|