Help those who need confidence in speaking bring words to life with the Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker Training Course.
In this course you will learn; how to build confidence for those with speech problems, with further knowledge in helping fix any speech or language issues that can be resolved.
The Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker Training Course covers; speech impediment therapy skills along with methods to assess, diagnose and treat children and adults with speech problems.
Your Learning Goals:
- Learn about speech and language impediments
- Develop skills to assess, diagnose and treat speech impediments
- Learn how to build confidence with your patients
- Learn the intricacies of literacy development
- Develop your knowledge of the science behind speech and language
- Improve your knowledge around speech disorders and improvement techniques
- Learn about language acquisition
- Learn the main ethical principles of ASHA
Who is this Course for?
Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker is perfect for anyone trying to learn potential professional skills.
As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
|Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy|
|Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy||00:30:00|
|Main Ethical Principles of ASHA||00:45:00|
|Language Acquisition and Literacy Development|
|Literacy, Roles of SLT and Preliteracy in Newborns||00:30:00|
|The Scientific Aspects of Language and Speech|
|Basic Structure and Function of the Human Nervous System||00:20:00|
|Basics of Linguistics||00:30:00|
|Communication Disorders and Fluency disorder||00:20:00|
|Other Speech and Language Disorders|
|Agnosia, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Dementia||00:45:00|
|Understanding Brain Damage Locations||00:20:00|
|Traumatic Brain Injury||00:00:00|
|Huntington’s disease and Parkinson’s Disease||00:30:00|
|Mock Exam – Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Speech and Language Therapy Support Worker||00:20:00|