Children with special needs require extra support and nurturing to help them reach their potential; that’s where teaching assistants and SEN teachers come in. Their responsibilities include adopting various strategies and approaches to engage students with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, autism and ADHD.
In this SEN Teaching Course, you will learn how to plan activities for individual students, encourage their participation in class and set achievable learning goals. You will also develop essential interpersonal skills to help boost self-esteem and build strong relationships.
This special needs training course has no particular entry requirements and is open to anyone who is interested in working with children with special needs.
Your Learning Goals:
- Explore the day-to-day duties of an SEN (special educational needs) teacher
- Familiarise with the special educational needs and disability code of practice
- Learn about the different types of learning difficulties and behavioural disorders
- Understand how to build strong and trusting relationships with pupils and family
- Discover strategies for improving performance and supporting pupils’ learning & development
- Develop critical communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Explore different approaches and strategies for supporting each pupil’s specific educational needs
- Learn the fundamentals of classroom planning and management
Who is this Course for?
Working with Students with Special Educational Needs is perfect for anyone trying to learn potential professional skills.
As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This course opens a new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also gives you the opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge along with required skills to become successful. You will be able to add our qualification to your CV/resume which will help you to stand out in the competitive job industry.
|Working with Students with Special Educational Needs|
|Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher||00:05:00|
|Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN||00:30:00|
|Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts||00:15:00|
|How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning||00:15:00|
|Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN||00:10:00|
|Whole-school Planning and Organisation||00:40:00|
|Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions||00:40:00|
|Planning for Individual Students with SEN||00:15:00|
|Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School||00:20:00|